The After School Program Experience
Looking to spark imaginative learning after school?
We spark imaginative learning when school is out with an all new program for 2013-2014! Register on-line now through our secure portal!
Mad Science after-school programs offer children a chance to see just how cool science can be! Programs available in 6-week standard and 4-week express formats.
- Slime Time Ooze into a gooey hour of sliming around! Create slime using the Mad Science recipe, and then enter the Slime Olympics! Take home your own concoction of Mad Science Slime!
- Chem in a Flash Hop on board the chemistry express for a high-speed science experience! Perform instantaneous experiments in this fast-paced class on split-second reactions that go like mad! Pick up an Action Flask and have a blast!
- Super Sticky Stuff Stick it to the walls and push the power of tape to the limits in this adhesive hour on things that cling! Build a bond with glue and get attached to Professor Beakerdude!
- Ice Escapades Manipulate matter in all of its three states! Melt metal with just hot water and race ice cubes to see which ones turn to water fastest! Use your Thermocolor Cup to test the temperature of liquid matter in your home!
- Glow Show Discover amazing things that glow bright in the dark and come to light! Probe the properties of light and explore some unusual applications of glow-in-the-dark technology! Use your Glow Card to make glowing images! [6 week program only]
- pH Phactor Slide down the colorful pH scale and dip into the world of acids and bases! Explore the pH extremes with your Reaction Tube in a popping experience! Discover whether liquids found in your home are acids or bases using your personal pH Paper! [6 week program only]
Crazy Chemworks takehomes
(left to right): Slime Time
- Slime, Chem in a Flash
- Action Flask, Super Sticky Stuff
- Professor Beakerdude, Ice Escapades
(6 week program only) - Thermocolor Cup, Glow Show
- Glow Card, pH Phactor
(6 week program only) - Reaction Tube. A Mad Science After School Program t-shirt is also included with the 6-week program (not shown).
Mad Science After-School Programs
- are hands-on and inquiry-based.
- complement provincial science curriculum standards.
- are led by trained, qualified and dynamic instructors.
- follow professional lesson plans.
- use unique equipment and original materials.
- are age-appropriate and loved by children.
- offer schools, community and day care centres great value.
- are easy to plan and hassle-free to run.