Welcome to Mad Science! We're your destination for kids' birthday parties, workshops, camps & more!
P.A. Day and March Break Camp coming up!
What are your children doing when school's out for March Break? Have them join us in the Mad Lab for a day full of fun and learning (they'll never know!). Only $40 per day ($35 if you pre-register and pay for 5 or more days between now and the end of June). Download the registration form here and call us at (519) 256-6094 to hold your child's spot! Tax receipts included for each camp day.
- Friday, February 12, 2016 - P.A. Day Camp. Cell City!
- March Break - Moving with Science Camp.
After School Program registration is now open!
Get ready for some Sense-a-tional Science in 2016! We're going to trick your eyes with Optical Illusions and Lights, Colour, Action and test your sense of hearing with Sonic Sounds. But wait...there are more senses! Explore your sense of thermoception in Harnessing Heat (yes, this is a real sense!). Learn about magnoception in Magnetic Magic and feel your electroception in Watt's Up!
Full Friday Night Funshop schedule for January - June 2016!
- SchoolHouse Chess (6 weeks) January 22 to February 26, 2016.
- March 4 - Fantastic Fliers (open to everyone...$10 per child). Learn about the 4 forces of flight and experiment with different designs of airplanes. Take home your own SkyHawk foam-core plane with elastic band launcher!
- March 11 - Bugs (open to everyone...$10 per child). From insect defenses to habitats, learn all about how bugs live. Inspect real (well, really dead and preserved) insects up close and build your own Insect-A-Vision to see the world like a bug!
- March 18 (March Break), and March 25 (Good Friday) - no Funshop classes.
- April 1 - Sense-ational Science 6 week program begins! Did you miss the After School Program at your school? Sign up for the full 6-week program or simply drop by for your favourite classes! This series is open to everyone. Cost is $10 per week for single classes or $70 for the full 6 weeks including the exclusive "Move Over, Einstein!" t-shirt. Pre-registration is required for the 6-week option.
- April 1 - Sonic Sounds From plastic to metal to string, ordinary objects like handheld horns, metal screws, wooden ratchets and beads transform the class into a story sound-effect symphony. See how textured sheets create new sounds from the Sonic Horn take-home.
- April 8 - Lights, Colour,
Action! Observe how blending colours can produce white light, and then separate white light into colours. Explore the colour spectrum of various light sources and try your hand at chromatography. An optical effects Technicolor Blender take-home completes this illuminating adventure!
- April 15 - Magnetic Magic Reveal the science behind magnetism mysteries. Explore magnetic attracting and repelling forces, confuse compass needles, and magnetize paper clips. Test the magnet’s gravity-defying abilities and learn about the Earth’s magnetic properties. Your Magnet Lab will keep you pointed in the right direction!
- April 22 - Optical Illusions Learn how our eyes can trick our brains as a twisting coil moves in mysterious ways, and a towel turns into a dog! Manipulate flexible mirrors and explore the world with inverted vision. Create your own illusions and build your own Periscope, too!
- April 29 - Watt’s Up! See sparks fly from a Van de Graaff generator and make feathers levitate by creating a static field. Generate a brilliant, hair-raising display from the repelling forces of charged atoms and then assemble your own Static Stick for some electron-jumping fun!
- May 6- Harnessing Heat Witness the practical side of heat-sensitivity — thermal paper browns under the force of a heat gun, ice cubes melt on a heat transfer block, and students participate in a tactile temperature test. A temperature-sensitive Heat Sheet extends the learning experience.
- May 13 - *NEW* Brixology 6 week program begins! This series is open to everyone. Join us for 6 weeks of engineering fun and excitement using LEGO bricks in the great Mad Science style! Cost is $10 per week for single classes. More details to come. Class dates: May 13, May 20, May 27, June 3, June 10, and June 17.
Birthday parties and workshops!
Let Mad Science make your child's special day unforgettable! We'll come to your place or you can come to us. Either way, you're guaranteed to host a party that everyone will be talking about weeks from now! Click here for more information.
Need a program for your day care, classroom, church, Scout or Guide group, family reunion or holiday party? Book a Mad Science workshop that's sure to be a hit. Prices start at $160 plus HST for groups of up to 25 children. A small travel fee to locations outside Windsor may apply. Click here for our current workshop menu
We make it our mission to spark imaginative learning! Mad Science is the leading science enrichment provider for children in kindergarten through grade 6 (grade 8 for SchoolHouse Chess!).
We deliver unique, hands-on science experiences to children.
Our programs are divided into 6 main categories:
We also have a great Product Showcase where many of our take-home products are available for sale!